Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Holy Ham-Grenade of Antioch (and also Mean Girls.)

If you met me at college, you have probably heard all about The Holy Ham-Grenade of Antioch. There was, in fact, a casual Facebook contest dedicated to naming my creation (shout-out to Mason, who came up with the title as it stands.). If you don't get the reference, I suggest you watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail immediately. It's the only movie I consider to be on-par with Mean Girls in terms of quotability. (Also, watch this. And this... hilarious.)

Okay, enough about my favorite movies. This is the part where I tell you what the heck a Holy Ham-Grenade actually is. It's a delicious creation that brings cheese, ham, and apricot jam together into a toasty, melty union. Most people don't quite understand how the jam could possibly be good, but I promise you... it's perfect.

I know you want one, so here's my official recipe:

The Holy Ham-Grenade of Antioch

  • 2 Slices of White Bread
  • 2 Slices of Cheddar Cheese
  • 2 Slices of Ham
  • 1 Generous Spoonful of [hopefully homemade] Apricot Jam (do not use other jams.)
  • Butter
  • A Frying Pan
  • A Vast Love for Delicious Things
1. Heat the frying pan with some butter in it. Be reasonable in the amount of butter you use. You want a nice toasty sandwich, not a deep-fried mess. 
2. While the butter is melting, assemble the Ham-Grenade. Building from the bottom-up, it goes like this: bread, cheese, ham, jam, ham cheese, bread. 
3. Place your Ham-Grenade in the frying pan. Toast at medium heat, just like you're making a grilled cheese. Make sure both the cheese and the jam get melt-y and delicious. You're obviously going to need to flip it... I advise you implement your common sense when deciding how/when to do that. 
4. When toasted to perfection, remove to a plate. Cut your Ham-Grenade diagonally before partaking. 
5. Partake. 


You guys, I am so proud of this sandwich. Here is a picture of me eating it:

As you can see, anyone eating a Holy Ham-Grenade is vastly more attractive than anyone not eating one. HHG have also been know to raise student GPA's by .67 and raise student date-ablity by approximately 37.2%*.

Anyway, hope everyone's having a fantastic Wednesday.

x,
   m


*These results have not been tested or proven by anyone at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment